A strong human resource strategy will result in your business being more successful by ensuring that you are working with the best human potential possible by keeping your employees happy at work. At Abacus Consulting, we are well experienced and competent to provide your company with the best range of HR and other related services. We will be responsible for positioning your HR tactically at the core of your business.
The services under Human Resource include:
- Development of personnel procedures
- Recruitment and selection
- Development of performance management programmes (PMP)
- Manpower planning and employee resourcing
- Job analysis and evaluation
- Reward management schemes (RMS)
- Employee industrial relations
- International work placements.
It is essential maintaining an efficient and productive workplace by outsourcing your human resources tasks to Abacus Consulting:
- Payroll services
- Creating employee handbooks
- Job descriptions drafting
- Job advertising and publishing
- Selecting CVs according to requirements
- Running first round interviews on your behalf
- Building specific templates for Employee Performance appraisals
- Preparation and handling of acknowledgement and rejection letters/emails for candidates
- Preparation on entry and exit checklists for the company
- Handling Jobsplus engagement/termination forms
- Organisation of team building events.
Companies that are registered in Malta and engage in employment activities are required to comply with a number of legislative criteria. Each company must be registered with the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) as an employer and its employees must be registered with Jobsplus.
Non-EU nationals are also required to obtain an employment license to be able to work legally, in Malta. Employment income is deemed to arise in Malta if it is paid for services performed in Malta. For each employee performing services in Malta, companies are required to tax their income under the Final Settlement System (FSS) and to submit monthly returns to the IRD providing certain details which would include the number of employees, the amount of tax deducted and the amount of national insurance (N.I.) contributions for the month. The monthly return, together with payment covering wages tax and national insurance contributions, must be filed with the IRD by not later than 30 days after the end of the previous month. At the end of each fiscal year, a reconciliation statement is submitted to the Department consolidating the data derived from the monthly returns.
Abacus Consulting offers payroll services, which include the preparation of monthly salaries and wages and the filing of all the above-mentioned documents to ensure that our clients fulfil their legal obligations with the relevant authorities whilst operating within Maltese jurisdiction.