Malta Residency & Visa Programme
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme is a programme designed towards reputable third-country nationals who would like to reside and invest in Malta. A beneficiary of the MRVP will be entitled to residency rights in Malta as the receiver will obtain a Malta Residence Permit.
The MRVP has become a popular choice for respectable individuals seeking a residence in a safe and stable country for themselves and their families. Malta allows a comfortable living environment in a European Union country with high standards of living. This programme acts as a gateway to Europe to its beneficiaries, providing visa-free access to the European Schengen Area countries.
The new programme falls under the Immigration Act and Identity Malta is entrusted with the running of the programme. Each application has to be administered by a registered approved agent with Identity Malta. In our case, this is handled by Accounting Services Ltd, our partner company that is an Accredited Agent with license number IIP117 and Maltese Authorised Registered Mandatory with license number ARM01937.
The programme is available to both the applicant and also their dependants subject to qualifications. Apart from the application forms and various due diligence documents, to qualify, the individual must primarily be a third country national, (meaning nationals coming from non-EU, EEA or Switzerland).
In brief, the programme consists of three tiers of investments:
1. Immovable property
2. Investment in favour of Malta Government
3. Monetary contribution
Full details of the programme in terms qualifications and general requirements of are as follows.
For an applicant to qualify for the Malta Residence and Visa Programme, prior to receiving the Residency Certificate, he/she has to meet the following qualifications and requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Has an annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside of Malta, or has in his possession a capital of not less than €500,000
- Has stable and regular resources which are sufficient to maintain him/herself and any of his/her dependants
- Be in possession of valid travel documents
- Be in possession of health insurance in respect of all risks covered for Maltese Nationals
- Be in possession of a Clean Police Conduct from one’s birth place as well as any country the applicant and his/her dependant/s have resided in for longer than 6 months in the past 10 years.
- Has to Provide a certificate from a reputable health system proving that Main Applicant and all his / her dependants are otherwise in good health and will not be an unreasonable burden on the national health system
- Has to a non-refundable Initial Fee of €5,500 that is to be settled upon submission of application
- An additional €5,000 is to be submitted per dependant (excluding children of main applicant and/or the spouse)
Once the Residency Certificate is approved, the applicant is to meet the following criteria:
- Pay the remaining contribution fee, amounting to €24,500, plus €5,000 per additional adult applicant, if applicable
- Pay card fees amounting to €27.50 per person per year
- Hold a qualifying property for a minimum of 5 years from the date of issuance of the Residency Certificate, either through the:
- Purchase of property of either:
- A minimum of €270,000 for properties situated in Gozo and the South of Malta, or
- A minimum of €320,000 for properties situated in the rest of Malta
- Rent of property of either:
- A minimum of €10,000 per annum for properties situated in Gozo or the South of Malta, or
- A minimum of €12,000 per annum for properties situated in the rest of Malta
- Holds a qualifying investment of not less than €250,000 for a minimum of 5 years from the date of issuance of the Residency Certificate.
- Applications are to be administered by a Registered Accredited Person (RAP) or a Registered Approved Agent (RAA) duly registered with the MRVA.
Once the Residency Certificate is issued, this will provide the Beneficiary and his/her dependants the right to reside, settle or stay in Malta, indefinitely plus the ability to freely move around the countries in the Schengen Area.
Contact us directly for a consultation session and a customised quotation for the programme.